Wednesday 11 July 2018

Yin and Yang



                I ran into a very old friend and a terrific chap, a little rough around the edges though, outside New Delhi Rly Stn a few days back. I had just stepped out of the Metro and was getting my suitcase zipper repaired when I spotted him. We chatted for a while and had a cup of tea together while the guy who repaired the suitcase tried to pass off a bad, shoddy job. I berated him and complained to my friend as well that “Delhi is full of thieves”  We had a discussion and I realized that maybe I was wrong….
                I was travelling from Bangalore to Chandigarh via Delhi once. I had to catch a bus from ISBT and had a suitcase and a bag. The bag had my flight suit and my boots. I got onto the Metro at New Delhi Rly Station and headed towards ISBT. When I reached my destination, I realized my bag was missing, which I remember had been between my legs as I had stood, but it wasn’t there anymore. A few urgent pleas to my fellow travelers and one of them said that he had not even seen the bag with me ( a rather red and distinctive one). That’s when I realized that the last time I had it with me was on the platform and I had clean forgotten it there.
                I got off at ISBT, took the Metro in the opposite direction and hurried to the place on the platform where I had stood. I asked the Metro chap if he had seen a red bag I had forgotten on the platform about a half hour back?? He gave me that “Are you kidding me “ look and said “Yeh Dilli hai sahib. Ab kahaan milega?” with lost hope I still decided to give a try at the security point.
                And what do I find??.....
                Sitting on top of the X Ray machine was my bag, deposited by some do-gooder….
                And that’s when I understood the hidden meaning of yin and yang that Aparna had explained… For all those of you who have seen the yin and the yang, they represent the complementing forces of good and evil, soft and hard, light and dark, love and hate and so much more in this world. But that’s not the beauty of it. If you see closely, you’ll see there’s a spot of black in the white and spot of white in the black.
                So it’s not just how much of evil or good there is in the world, in everyone, in anyone, in all of us but also how much of good there is in the  evil and how much of evil there is in the good…….. yin and yang…

1 comment:

  1. Very true, but u said it better! And explained it even better

    ReplyDelete